State of Decay 2 (PC, Xbox One) is dropping soon, so here's everything you need to know about it before it releases.
Subscribe for more: http://youtube.com/gameranxtv
A lot of these are incorrect, you do NOT have to destroy plague hearts just to find a cure. You can also kill plague zombies and they have a chance of dropping a sample. You need 5 samples to make ONE vial of the cure
Just to add on to the whole "Not able to kill other players"
You actually can with Molotovs or other type of grenade that creates fire. (I've learned this due to a bug that caused the grenade to drop at your feet instead of being thrown). While it's technically the fire that kills/damages the player, other players that come in to mess with you can throw these at you to cause damage to you.
I like/dislike the coop design here. I think it's something that is 100% fixable. (Please note that this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to force this opinion on anyone, it's just what I think/feel about the game thus far)
1) I like being able to jump into someone else game and help them with their community. That's fun and all.
2) But at the same time, that's not as fun as building a community with a friend. But I think they can fix this by taking a page from Minecraft and offer "Realms" or something like that. Where you can purchase (rent) a server that allows you and your friends to jump in and expand on the community together. Even when they are not online. Because they have the same sort of setup as Minecraft (i.e. P2P rather than something on the cloud) and your friend has to be online in order to jump into his community. I believe this "Realms" would be the perfect compromise. In Realms they could remove the "tether" and allow players to do as they please in that regard.
10 things to that more helpful than this video to know in a game without tutorials:
1. The tethering harped on in every other SoD2 video extends a fair deal in every direction to the extent that you can run several houses down to kill an infestation while the host is busy talking in quests, if the host is moving by vehicle the tether will seem more prominent than on foot.
2. After dealing a certain amount of damage to a juggernaut it will hunch over, if you run up to it and use the assassinate keys (RT+X for console) you will finish it off early via a neat cutscene of your character spidermonkeying all over it.
3. Each and every feral in this game has been personally trained by Sans for strafing your headshots. If it's noticed you, and you don't have a shotgun or heavy duty guns it's typically going to be tough to deal with, if you can see it before leaving a vehicle it's typically easier to attempt to run it over before proceeding.
4. Every 10-20 minutes your NPCs will waste one of your resources. If you have more of a resource than you can hold it's more effective to stash it in a cargo van till you need it rather than trade it and need it later, or overstocking the inventory and losing resources from that too.
5. A plague heart will typically outlive a full clip of an assault rifle, I have not tested for every gun but imagine shotguns and pistols have similar issues. Bring firecrackers to distract the blood plague zombies it spawns while you reload to finish it off. Or use .50cal ammo and kill it in 5ish shots.
6. Anything fire based can potentially hurt you as much or more than the zombies you're trying to kill, the zombies you set on fire can easily return the favor.
7. Out of all the items you can stumble across the base mods that boost how many outposts you can have are the rarest, and are worth going out of your way to get in trade if you see one.
8. The game becomes significantly easier to survive after leveling your cardio some.
9. If your health/stamina is reduced with a person icon beside it, it means you basically have a concussion and need a medkit or a rest with a good infirmary to remove it. If you see a ZZZ icon, the character is fatigued and the game is telling you to play someone else for a change.
10. Even if you don't necessarily want an item, if you have the inventory open go ahead and loot it. Eventually towards the end of a play through you'll want renown in bulk and one easy way to get it is to sell junk to traders and allied communities in bulk.
With the characters where one of them dies there gone
At the start of the game where your 2nd character gets infected by the blood plague u find an army dude and a doctor. Now I lost my military guy to a horde. So I moved to the next map can’t remember which one but after redoing all the stuff from the other map I get a radio call from a military guy and I went to it and same face same skin colour same name and same skill sets
I don’t know if it was a glitch or something because there is a lot still to fix in the game but yea.
And my grammar is rubbish
Before u tell me that
NOTE: blood plague does not steadily decrease HP. The plague bar and hp bar are two different bars. When plagued zombies hit you, you get another bar. If enough of those zombie types hit you overtime, it fills the bar. When it's filled, another bar appears and a timer counts down from ~2 hrs before your char becomes infected and dies. Imo, its pretty difficult to die from plague (except for the beginning of the game)
What happened to the feature of depositing multiple rucksacks from the trunk of your vehicle? Am I to high like what? Cause running 6x back and forth is getting old quick even with the 14GB update it's still not letting me like it did in the first why was this feature removed, if it was at all?
I love it so far I was playing dab to 1st time (because I did not know what I was doing and I was getting ahead of myself) I love how the plague hearts look and sound brilliant but in all the game is beautiful it can be a bit buggy but most games are like that
The co-op was one of there main jobs they had to get right, they've had years and what they give us is a below average bare bones attempt. :( A shame but I'm still currently downloading this game as I type and tend to enjoy it. I just remember when playing the first one how cool it would be ta team up with friends around the world to start up and maintain a base online while defending it from zombies and pouchers and going on supply runs. we'll see how it goes......hopefully the co-ops not too limited.
I dont like the coop as much i wish it was like a real coop sesion like in davenity orgenal sins 2 you giys can do what you want around the world together. Also i want more zombies in horde like couple houndered on pc
I liked SoD1 but it was super clunky. My favorite part was starting out at a campsite with tents and log cabins... and finding a squirrel .22 rifle lol good times.
SoD2 looks a little better. It has a lot of pontential and even if Yndead Labs doesnt quite get it perfect, i bet SoD3 turns out better.
Definitely getting SoD2 base game. Looks cool
I remember that state of decay had a bug fix that was sold as a GOTY edition and if you didn't buy it you didn't get the bug fixes for the original game, way to do business you scammers... Stay away from a company that treats us like this, that's my two cents
I think my biggest frustration with the original was that the world didn't stop when I turned the console off. I turned it off, walked away, come back the next day (or longer) later, all of a sudden, my base was overrun during my time offline, many people are dead or dying, and all of my supplies are gone, and I've gotta start anew. Is this still a feature? Was that ever patched out? Or did I just have my game decidedly bug out or something with the save? That's probably my biggest "need to know" questions before I consider investing into the game.
The game is not for every one and was never made for every one its made for fans of the first and those who can appreciate survival Sims its not last of us its not days gone its not a some linear 3rd person story game like god of war its a true survival sim
man, friendly fire seems an obvious choice to ADD as it makes you make a hard decision, rather than just fire into a group of zombies your mate is fighting, you have to either be precise of go melee. For a game with roguelike permadeath, not having something like friendly fire seems like a cop out. Also the tethered co-op has dissuaded me from getting this game.
I'm happy you can't go off by yourself like that compared to wildlands because it's a co-op game and it's more fun to stick together. On that same note i hope its a decent size radius because if the host gets trapped in a horde and you gotta split but can't leave then this is really going to suck.
I don't think I'll ever get tired of zombie games just tired of being let down but zombie survival games lol BUT I really loved the first one I remember feeling like someone punched me in the gut when I witnessed one of my favourite companions die 💀
I don't think I will ever be tired of zombie games, but zombie movies get worse and worse. Been a long time since I have seen a decent zombie movie. Dawn of the dead, 28 days later and The 2 first Resident evil movies (before they went the action way) are among my favorites, but most zombie films are low budget with poor effects and graffics which is a big minus in my book.
Looking forward to playing SoD2 and Days gone.
So in one part of the video there appeared to be significant texture pop-in, and my reaction was oh great another buggy state of decay game. That is until I realized I’m an idiot and it was a time lapse of them building their base! Fail...