1. Don’t Just Save the Knobs – Save the Whole Drawer.
2. Do you have a cardboard tube taking up room in a closet?
3. Get Creative with old Leather Belts and Scrap Wood for Fun Shelves.
4. Take advantage of the Unclaimed Space below your Doorknobs.
5. Turn Your Wall into a Quick and Easy “Clipboard” with Binder Clips
6. Vintage Suitcase to Decorative Table.
7. Vintage Suitcase to a Nightstand.
8. Vintage Train Case to a Charging Station
9. Vintage Case to a Bathroom Cabinet
10. Make Hidden Storage on Your Bookshelf with Wrapped Boxes
11. For More Secret Stashing – Add a Framed Picture
12. Save Your Glass Jars.
14. Turn a Through-way into Floor-to-ceiling Storage.
15. Declutter Visually by Going Neutral.
16. Ladder to Pot Rack in an Instant.
17. Paint some pegboard to match your kitchen
18. For a nifty way to store your magazines, use S-hooks and bungee cords stretched horizontally for a custom rack.
19. Keep Your Cards Organized.
20. Stop the Never-Ending Search for a Pen.
21. Short on Places to Put things? Make Your Own Paper Boxes!
22. Need a way to creatively display utensils at a party?
23. From Straight-backed Chair to Multi-Purpose Nightstand
24. Need More Versatile Storage at Night? Use a Mini Filing Cabinet!
25. Cubic Shelving Makes a Cozy Fire a Breeze.
26. Need an extra room but don’t want to deal with construction?
27. Bring Some of the Outside In.
28. Divvy up Your Drawers with Cardboard Dividers.
29. From Eating Utensils to Decorative Hooks.
30. Easily Color Code Anything with Tiny Yarn Tassels
31. Streamline Your Mini Storage or Create a Message Center with Altoids Tins.
32. Create a Catch-all with Leather and Wood
33. Build a Table Using Your Extra Books.
34. Convert a Book into Portable Hidden Storage.
35. Make Smaller Spaces Work Harder with Corner Shelving.
36. Speaking of Corner Shelves – Convert a Magazine Holder in a Snap
37. Create instant coat racks for parties
38. Stuck with CD Storage After Your Music Went Digital?
39. Visually De-clutter by Color
41. Utilize Your Office Wall Space.
42. Quick and Easy Desk with Oodles of Storage.
43. Take Advantage of a Shallow Area by Turning Your Books Face Out.
44. Find the Right Piece of Jewelry Fast and Easy
45. Mount Storage Hooks Vertically for Floor to Ceiling Accessory Storage
46. Art or Storage? How about Both?
47. Small Desk? Mount your Screen Instead.
48. Maximize Your Library Space by Stacking.
50. Awkward Niche to Clothing Storage.
51. Awkward Niche to a Mini Office.
52. No Handy Awkward Niche?
How To Organize Your Room! Organization Hacks, DIY and more!
by Laura Anne
Just a little bit more by Nicolai Heidlas
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Cover all your books in the same paper....books are for reading not decoration..you kinda need to see the titles and wrapping them in paper is wasteful. That suggestion is not the only mistake on this list
Even in a sizable house, I've found end and coffee tables with drawers are a big improvement over plain tables.
Sometimes, night stands (with drawers) can be used as end tables, all depends on the style. I have an extra closet rod that doubles my hanging space. Hope this helps.